A vacancy has arisen in my constituency office for a Communications Officer. You’ll be working closely within my team to keep constituents updated on my work as an MP.
If you’re interested in politics and have a background in communications then take a look at the full details below! Applications close 17th July.
Communications Officer (full-time)
Office of Tracy Brabin MP, Batley & Spen
Salary Range £21,529 – £25,000
Dedicated and professional person required to work in busy constituency office. Must have good working knowledge of the area and be able to work on own initiative.
· Monitor and feedback on media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases, meeting deadlines as required.
· Attend surgeries and other meetings, shadowing and supporting MP as required at these events.
· Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members.
· Conduct constituency research and collating briefings on findings to support campaign work.
· Monitor and maintain the MP’s social media presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publishing surgeries and news alerts etc.
· Manage the MP’s website adding content, updating pages and maintaining as required.
· Draft and publish the MP’s regular newsletter to constituents, working towards an increased subscription to this service in the constituency.
· Engage professionally, confidentially and with integrity with members of the public, community groups and civic leaders, assisting the MP in maintaining a strong working network with these groups.
· Deal with large numbers of standard enquiries, by phone, at meetings and via the Media. Gather the relevant information from these to assist with casework and campaigns.
· Assist with arrangements for events. This may include venue research and bookings, compiling · guest lists, liaising with suppliers and on the day support as required.
· Ensure records are kept and all information is managed confidentially in line with data protection legislation.
Closing Date : Friday 17th July
Anticipated Start date : Tuesday 1st September
Interviews will take place week commencing 27th July via Zoom.
Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange interview dates and times, (if you require adjustments this can be discussed at this stage.)
To apply for the post, please send a current C.V. and a covering letter (of no more than one side of A4) by 5pm on the closing date, with the subject title Communications Officer to Ingrid.email@example.com